I’m not afraid to play the birthday card. Sunday is my birthday and what I’d actually like is for AJ readers who’re having fun with the web site at no cost to come back on board as subscribers to our print journal. The tales in print solely seem in print, and they’re longer, deeper, and much more participating than what you learn right here. I don’t assume it’s an exaggeration to say that persons are normally thrilled once they first get the journal of their arms (if I’m unsuitable, remark under).
Yesterday, Brett P. DM’d us on Instagram with a typical remark: “Actually, I’m blown away. You guys have achieved an incredible job with this and am I so glad I subscribed!”
I’m sharing this to not declare, however to beat our greatest problem, which is getting folks to put aside their inertia and subscribe. I’ve incessantly posted that 98 % our subscribers renew 12 months and 12 months out, however I took a extremely shut look a couple of days in the past and it’s really 99 %. In case you love journey, you’ll love Journey Journal in print. We assure it.
Why is that this so vital? Why do I hold asking? As a result of print subscriptions are the monetary coronary heart of AJ—with out them, none of this is able to exist. And we’ve made big progress within the final three weeks, since I made an enchantment similar to this, with 600 new subscribers (thanks!). However we’re nonetheless not less than 1,900 from the place we have to be, so I have to hold asking.
Listed here are some metrics for perspective. We now have greater than 300,000 distinctive guests to this web site a month. If simply two % of you subscribe to print, we’re there. We will get extra on-line modifying assist, extra customer support assist, and a few social media assist. Journey Journal on-line is free, and we’re glad to maintain it that means. However all our selections, like forgoing sponsored content material, are providing you with higher, purer, extra respectful tales. What we ask is that when you’ve got the wherewithal to subscribe, then please subscribe.
In case you missed the hyperlink, you may subscribe proper right here. And never simply trigger it’s my 🎂
Thanks, of us! 😄👊🏻🙏🏼
P.S., a couple of extra factors for devoted AJ mates:
• Photograph above is by Dan Milner and is from the lead characteristic in AJ14, a report by Aaron Gulley on chasing journey in Kurdistan.
• I promised an overview of my imaginative and prescient for the place AJ will go as soon as we hit our subscriber goal. That’s going to come back after we’ve despatched AJ14 to the printer, which will likely be subsequent week.
• Talking of AJ14, holy smokes is it a fairly subject. Photographs are off the hook. Simply three extra issues left to do: write the Intro, choose the quilt, and proof all of the pages.
• Plenty of you could have requested about Patreon. That’s coming quickly, too. We’ve been build up some merch as rewards and will be capable to activate that program shortly after Labor Day.
• We now have a brand new product coming after Labor Day, too. It’s small, inexpensive, sustainable, and enjoyable. Can’t wait to share it with you.
• New stickers with all-new designs needs to be right here any day. Woohoo!